2018 Historic Preservation Award for THS
The Landmarks Preservation Commission has announced this year’s Historic Preservation Award Recipients. The following recipients were recognized at the annual Historic Preservation Month Reception and Awards on Friday, May 18, from 6 – 8 p.m. at Stewart Middle School (5010 Pacific Ave. in Tacoma).
The 2018 Historic Preservation Award recipients are:
- Residential Renovation:Born-Lindstrom House, 224 N. Yakima
- Commercial Renovation:Union Club, 539 Broadway
- Commercial Renovation:Wagner Motors, 616 St. Helens
- Leadership in Preservation:Dana Repp, Fort Nisqually Living History Museum
- Organization in Preservation:Earthwise Architectural Salvage
- Community Engagement/Events:Trapped: Escape Fort Nisqually, Fort Nisqually Living History Museum
- Preservation Planning, Policy, or Initiative: Lighthouse Station Properties Stewardship, Points Northeast Historical Society
- Landmark Nomination to be Recognized:Point Defiance Lodge, 5717 N. Roberts Garden Rd, Metro Parks Tacoma
- Broadening Perspectives:“Dreams that Matter,” Tacoma Historical Society
- Heritage/Legacy Business: Johnson Candy Company
"Each year, the Landmarks Commission recognizes leaders in local preservation," said Historic Preservation Officer Reuben McKnight. "This year, we’re excited to announce the wide array of preservation across the city."